Pearsall's Books

This blog is defunct! Check out my new music blog at Sonicrampage.org.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Debates!

Elsewhere:

Should Ebonics be considered a foreign language, as opposed to an English dialect? I weigh in on the side of dialect, Emynd (the blogger in question) says I'm full of it. Decide for yourself.

Does Africa need a new Caliphate? I say nay, nay, and thrice nay (with a bit too much swearing, in retrospect).

Juan Cole says that right-wingers would never say the same things about Christian terrorists like Eric Rudolph that they do about Islamic terrorists. True, but then again left-wingers would never say the same pious stuff about 'understanding the root causes' behind the actions of Islamic terrorists in discussions of murderous loons like Rudolph. At John B's blog, I got into an argument about Christian terrorism vs Islamic terrorism, Rudolph's Christian Identity ideology, orthodoxy, and some other stuff.

|| RPH || 10:52 PM || |