Pearsall's Books

This blog is defunct! Check out my new music blog at Sonicrampage.org.

Friday, December 03, 2004

Off you go!

I'm working on a longer piece ('religious revivalism and lower middle-class man') which is not yet ready to be posted, and so in the absence of much to say myself (I did nearly 2000 words yesterday...give me a break!) here's a roundup of some stuff to read.

Johnathan Edelstein's The Head Heeb blog is celebrating its second anniversary. Congratulations!

Philip Gourevitch, author of the fantastic and harrowing We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will be Killed With Our Families: Stories from Rwanda, on Western reporting of Congo's long-running war.

Claire George on the Venetian ghetto.

The World City Photo Archive.

The destruction of North Carolina's textile industry, from Yelladog.

|| RPH || 1:59 AM || |